Dental sealants are probably one of the most underrated dental procedures. Unfortunately, not everyone realizes the benefits of the said treatment. At Northeast Dental Center, we highly encourage our patients to keep their teeth protected at all times with the help of sealants. If you are among those people who are hesitant to give the service a go, here are some facts you need to know!
Facts about Dental Sealants
- One good thing about the procedure is, it can be completed in just one sitting. Plus, patients do not need to be anxious since there are no drilling or shots involved.
- Tooth decay is common to the chewing surfaces of the teeth with deep grooves and pits. These types of teeth are also the best candidates for dental sealants.
- No matter how thorough a person brushes their teeth, there are still some areas in the mouth that cannot be cleaned. Fortunately, dental sealants can help “seal” some of these areas for more effective oral hygiene.
- Aesthetics wise, patients do not have to worry about sealants since clear or tooth-colored materials are used.
- Sealants can last for many years if the patient only observes the right oral care practices and avoid the habits that may compromise the material placed like biting down on hard, inedible objects.
- Having sealants applied for children can help their teeth stay free from cavities throughout the most cavity-prone years.
- Although the best candidates for sealants are the molars and premolars, other teeth with pits and fissures can avail of the service as well.
- As long as the sealant placed is maintained well, patients can stay cavity-free for many years.
- Sealants can withstand normal chewing forces, so patients do not have to worry when chewing.
- The procedure is not too complicated. After cleaning and drying the tooth, the dentist can simply apply the sealant material and let it dry.
- When placing the sealants, dentists make sure not to change the normal bite of a person to avoid any possible issues.
With the help of dental sealants, people can be more confident to show off their cavity-free smiles. And since their teeth can stay protected for years, they are also less likely to spend for costly dental procedures.
Get added protection to your teeth by availing of Dental Sealants in Philadelphia, PA! Book your appointment with Northeast Dental Center to avail of the said service. We are located at 10847 Bustleton Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19116.