Veneers are one of the most popular dental procedures nowadays since it offers smile enhancing effects once availed. However, like any other dental services, misconceptions are floating around that are easy to believe. As a result, people who are considering the particular procedure can feel hesitant if it really is worth it.
For patients to know and understand everything about veneers, here are some facts we at Northeast Dental Center have prepared!
- There are different materials used to create veneers, and our practice offers the following: composite resin, ceramic, and porcelain.
- Veneers are custom-made for each patient to make sure that it covers each tooth properly and appear as natural as possible.
- Whatever material the patient prefers, do know that the outcome of veneers would closely resemble the natural color and overall form of their teeth.
- For the placement of veneers, some of the enamel will be removed to make way for the prosthesis. If not done appropriately, it is possible that the veneered tooth would look bulkier and unsightly.
- Although enamel reduction is performed, do know that it is more conservative than the placement of dental crowns. Patients can rest easy since more of their natural teeth structures can be preserved.
- To make sure that the prosthesis would securely bond on the natural tooth a slightly acidic solution will be used to roughen its surface.
- Depending on the material used for veneers, the patient may need to schedule one to three visits for completion.
- Some of the teeth flaws that veneers can fix are slight misalignments, discoloration, unevenness, sensitivity, chips, cracks, and wear.
- Believe it or not, veneers do not require any special care. Patients can just perform their regular oral hygiene routine to keep the teeth and prostheses in shape.
- With proper maintenance and care, veneers can last for an average of 15 to 20 years or even longer!
- The cost of veneers usually varies on the location and severity of the dental flaw.
- Veneers are irreversible, that said, it is essential for patients to weigh everything first before giving it a go.
At Northeast Dental Center, we encourage our patients to schedule an initial consultation to know if getting veneers is ideal for their needs. Although it is minimally invasive, not everyone is qualified to undergo the procedure.
Bring out your best smile with Veneers and Laminates in Philadelphia, PA; Book your appointments with Northeast Dental Center! Call us to experience outstanding results in making your teeth naturally beautiful and healthy.